Coffee is mixed with pure water.
- When the coffee absorbs the water the grains expand, their pores get opened and the caffeine molecules become mobile.
- At this point carbon dioxide is added ( A 100% Natural Element) at a 100 atmospheres pressure to the pure water. Basically the water and the carbon dioxide are mixed to create the sparkling water.
- The carbon dioxide acts like a magnet and attracts all the caffeine molecules that became movable.
- When the caffeine is captured by the carbon dioxide, this is removed.
- The carbon dioxide is very selective and it doesn't touch the carbohydrates and proteins of the coffee beans. The carbohydrates and the proteins are the ones that give the coffee the flavor and smell after it is made.
- When the carbon dioxide has finished removing the caffeine, the coffee seeds are dried naturally
- Carbon dioxide is then recycled and caffeine is sold for other commercial uses.
Benefits of this method:
- Extracts caffeine, effectively.
- Is a direct contact method but does not use chemicals.
- Doesn't chemically affect proteins or carbohydrates of the coffee beans.
- The byproducts are natural and a 100% recyclable.